| Email Tutorials - Microsoft Outlook Express
Outlook Express is a is a popular POP email software from Microsoft which is available on both Windows and Macintosh platforms. This tutorial shows you how to configure Outlook Express to retrieve mail from your VIP PowerNet email account. The following screen shots are taken with Outlook Express 5 on Windows 2000, but they should be very similar to other versions on different operating systems.
1. Start your Outlook Express software. Click 'Tools' and select 'Accounts'.
2. On the Internet Accounts page, select the Mail tab, click 'Add' and then select 'Mail'.
3. On the Your Name page, enter the email sender's name as the Display name and click 'Next'.
4. On the Internet E-mail Address page, enter the email sender's email address as the E-mail address and click 'Next'.
5. On the E-mail Server Names page, select POP3 as your incoming server type and enter the incoming and outgoing mail servers and then click 'Next' to continue.
My incoming mail server is a: POP3 server
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.com
(Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): provided by your ISP
(Consult your ISP for your SMTP server name)
6. On the Internet Mail Logon screen, enter userID%yourdomain.com as your Account name and your email account password and then click 'Next'. You may check 'Remember password' but DO NOT check 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)'.
(Note: the "%" character used in the Logon User Name is NOT a typo)
7. Congratulations! You have successfully setup your POP email software. Click Finish to end.