| Email Tutorials - Netscape Mail
Netscape Mail is a popular POP email software which is available on both Windows and Macintosh platforms. This tutorial shows you how to configure Netscape Mail version 7.0 to retrieve mail from your VIP PowerNet email account.
1. Start your Netscape software. Click 'Edit' and select 'Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...'
2. On the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings page, click 'Add Account...'
3. On the New Account Setup page, select 'Email account' and click 'Next'.
4. On the Identity page, enter the email sender's name as 'Your Name:' and the email sender's email address as 'Email Address:' and click 'Next'.
5. On the Server Information page, select 'POP' as the incoming server type and enter mail.yourdomain.com as the 'Incoming Server:' and click 'Next'.
(Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name)
6. On the User Name page, enter userID%yourdomain.com as the 'User Name' and click 'Next'.
(Note: the "%" character used in the Logon User Name is NOT a typo)
7. On the Account Name page enter a name for this email account profile within Netscape and click 'Next'.
8. Congratulations! You have almost successfully setup your POP email software. Click Finish to end the Account Wizard.
9. On the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings page, select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP) and enter the SMTP server provided by your ISP as your SMTP server name and click 'Ok'.
10. Congratulations! You have successfully setup your POP email software. Click Finish to end.