| Scripting Tutorials - Coppermine Photo Gallery
Coppermine Photo Gallery is a PHP photo gallery software. Users can upload pictures with a web browser (thumbnails are created on-the-fly), rate pictures, add comments and send e-cards. Administrators can manage the galleries and batch add pictures that have been uploaded on the server by FTP. Images are stored in albums and albums can be grouped by categories. The script supports multiple users and each user can have their own albums.
This tutorial will guide you through the Coppermine photo gallery setup and installation process on our servers. It is assumed that your account has support for PHP and MySQL database and that you have already created your database.
Part A - Downloading the Script
1. The script can be downloaded here.
2. The file that you will download is a compressed bundle containing the files of the Coppermine photo gallery distribution in zip format. Unpack this archive in a temporary directory on your computer using decompression software.
Part B - Installation of Coppermine files
1. Before you begin Part B, please ensure that you have created your MySQL database on your web server via your Site Administration Panel.
2. Start your FTP software and connect to your web server. Change directory to your HTML root folder /var/www/html/ and create the folder /photos for your Coppermine files. Upload the unzipped contents of the Coppermine zip file to /var/www/html/photos/.
Part C - Software Configuration
1. Run the installation script (http://www.yourdomain.com/photos/install.php) and follow the installation instructions
2. Enter your settings as follows:
Username: (suggest to use your VIP PowerNet Member ID)
Password: (we suggest to use your VIP PowerNet password)
MySQL Host: 127.0.0.1
MySQL Database Name: (enter your DB name)
MySQL Username: (enter your DB Username)
MySQL Password: (enter your DB password)
MySQL table prefix: default is okay
ImageMagick path: /usr/bin/
Click Let's Go !
3. Click Let's Continue !
4. Installation of Coppermine Photo Gallery is complete.